The Komyokan Dojo is closed. Dojo members please make sure you are covered by your own dojo’s insurance before attending.
For your safety and the safety of others please support us by following this essential guidance.
If you or your family show any symptoms as described by the NHS guidance or believe you have been in contact with any infected persons in the last 14 days, you must not attend classes.
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Most people with coronavirus have at least 1 of these symptoms.
If in doubt about any of this guidance please contact us prior to attending class.
Failure to comply with this guidance may mean you cannot practice and asked to leave.
You are required to complete a student indemnity form before you attend your first class.
- You must bring your membership with you to class.
- Your membership must be up to date.
- Check the blue “INSURANCE & MEMBERSHIP CERTIFICATE” at the back of membership. If it has expired you cannot train.
- You must always follow the instructor’s guidance.
- All classes will consist of non-contact training: specifically solo weapons, taisabaki, and iron spheres training.
- You must maintain social distance (minimum of 2m) while you are in the dojo.
- The changing rooms are single-occupancy use only for: using the toilet (only where absolutely necessary) and to change into your Keikogi if your only method of travel to the dojo is by public transport or bicycle. You may only enter the changing room with the instructor’s permission, and must sanitise your hands before entering & exiting the changing room.
- Avoid touching any areas of the dojo.
- Minimise the amount of personal possessions by leaving them at home.
- Where possible, please arrive already changed. Hakamas will be permitted to be put on and taken off in the allocated mat space.
- A mask must be worn at all times. This includes prior to entering the dojo, during the class and must remain on until you have exited the dojo.
- Masks should be reusable and must be taken home after class.
- Surgical type masks are single use only. Reusable ones must be washed after each class at 60C.
- Please arrive on time, or earlier, as the doors will only be left open during admission and exit periods
- Wait outside until the instructor opens the door and tells you to enter.
- Maintain the correct social distance while waiting and entering the dojo.
- On entering do not congregate in the entrance way.
- The instructor will record your attendance.
- You must use hand sanitizer before proceeding onto the mat.
- You will be allocated a mat area and you must only practice there.
- It is recommended to bring your own equipment (weapons & iron spheres). If this is not possible you must only use the equipment provided in your mat area.
- You may bring water in a sealed container for your own personal use. Do not bring canned drinks or refreshments that may stain the mat.
- You may leave a few personal items neatly placed/folded at the side of the mat where you place your shoes, without causing an obstruction to others.
- Parents are requested not to enter the dojo.
- The instructor will manage the juniors entry into the dojo and ensure juniors are safely handed over to a parent/guardian at the end of the class.
- Use standing order for payment, wherever possible.
- Cash payments:
- Place in an envelope with your details and the amount so we can be process it at a later date.
- Endeavour to have the correct mat fee – unfortunately no change will be given.
- Purchase of equipment is possible using the cash payment process above. Advance notification of equipment is appreciated.
version: 2. Date: 23rd August 2020