If you are worried about the safety of a child call the NSPCC on 0808 800 5000, text 88858 or by textphone on 0800 056 0566.
Other websites offering useful information:
- ChildLine is a counselling service for children and young people, which also offers lots of useful information on a wide range of topics affecting young people.
- Bullying UK has lots of advice for children about dealing with bullying. There are also useful links to other advice sites.
- ThinkUknow has the latest information on the sites you like to visit, mobiles and new technology. Find out what’s good, what’s not and what you can do about it.
- Childnet International helping to make the internet a safe place for children and young people.
- The Child Exploitation and Online Protection (CEOP) Centre is part of UK police and is dedicated to protecting children from sexual abuse wherever they may be. You can report abuse through their site, see below. But if you know about a child or young person who is in immediate danger, risk or you require an urgent response, you must call 999 or your local police.
The links above have been provided by the Child Protection in Sport Unit